General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
U98 and U111 ships they sunk
Posted by: William Norman ()
Date: June 10, 2001 12:43AM

<HTML>

My father James Cooper Norman was a Bosun onboard Steamship SOMERSBY managed to get Edward Ward Norman his son a berth onboard SOMERSBY as this was his first trip to sea, this was 4 days after leaving school at the age of 14years.

The Steamship SOMERSBY was torpedoed by a U111 at Lat 60*39\'N 26*13\'W on May 13th 1941, both my father and brother survived

I am writing to you in the hope you may be able to provide me with any information you may have on the MV RAMSAY, which was torpedoed by U 94 and sunk at Lat 51*53\'N. 34W. On the 10th June 1942.

My brother Edward Ward Norman was a 15-year-old when on the MV Ramsay in 1942 when it was sunk by U94 at Lat 51*53\'N. 34W. On the 10th June 1942. I am hoping to find out if anyone else survived the sinking of the MV Ramsay.

As details told to me by family members differ. He died on September 25th 1974 and there is some confusion as to weather he was the only survivor from the whole ship when it sunk or just from the lifeboat he was picked up in.

I would appreciate any help that you could provide. I would like if possible to obtain a photograph of the Steam Ship Ramsay and details on the number of survivors, and the name of the ship that picked them up.

If you could suggest any further sources that I could obtain this or information from I would be most grateful.
</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
U98 and U111 ships they sunk William Norman 06/10/2001 12:43AM
RE: U98 and U111 ships they sunk Andrew Mair 06/10/2001 01:01PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.