General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
88mm Deck Gun
Posted by: Stephen JM ()
Date: July 22, 2014 03:38PM

Hello
I wonder if any body could give me the size of a "real" Uboat 88mm deck gun round or explain the markings on what I have bought -- I belive what I have been sold may not what I asked for and was told I had bought.

The shell is presented in un-fired condition with a clear set of German date stamps and Waffenamt Stamps for the Kreigsmarine. The copper drive bands are clean and crisp. The shell has been crimped into an original WW2 dated brass case. The fit is good and tight. Date stamps are for 1934.with the following markings 4696 DL Gwk XII 34

The fuze is marked E.Kzdr C/28 dated 1941 with a good clear Waffenamt stamp. Threads are good and clear and the fuze unscrews easily.

The brass case has pre WW2 stampings for 1936. There are clear WW2 Waffenamt stamps on the base of the shell for the Kreigsmarine with the early Eagle motif. The primer is intact and has been struck. The brass case is marked SKC / 31 which has been later modified to SKC / 30 with both the 30 & 31 visible. the length is 575mm

StephenJM

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
88mm Deck Gun Stephen JM 07/22/2014 03:38PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.