General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Myth & Truth
Posted by: TRONIKEN ()
Date: May 09, 2015 07:50AM

i can honestly say that the stories my grandparents told me that indeed the u boats were allowed to refuel in ireland and were also allowed and assisted to carry out repairs it is also rumored that in Cobh that commanders from u boats and crew of the u boats were frequent to visit and assisted the irish with its natural berth for our navy which also is located at cobh called haulbowlin the island called spike island alongside our naval base was indeed a prison camp but was never used to detain germans just up the road approx i mile our shipyard called verome dockyard was natural berth for repairs
Remember this through your history and then ask yourselves ???
was ireland a ally of the german people ?? well the first country to send aofficial letter of condolance to the german people when hitler commited suicide ? Ireland
when after the war the german team travelled to ireland to play in a friendly but had no playing gear the irish gave them our own away colors green and white ?? this to the day is the german colors
So please dont class as a myth that ireland allowed the u boats to refuel,shop,visit,repair etc .... It is true and thats a fact

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Myth & Truth TRONIKEN 05/09/2015 07:50AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.