General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Re: Crew member of U-505
Posted by: WOLF ()
Date: June 08, 2015 06:58AM

Hey,

the most polish sounding Name in the crew member list was jurisza.

Two Brothers in two different countries was especially in poland possible due to the NEW Poland which was reerected after World War I.

This was a consequence of the defeat in world war I.

In 1919 all german families in this huge area had to leave their home within a week like my grandfather born in 1901... because the now polish authorities wanted to have the properties without paying anything ... and from there on it rotted til the late 1990.

He and his family had lost everything. Therefore he loved and admired Hitler rise to bring the lost area and people back into the Nation ...

But sometimes love makes it more complicated when a brother had fallen in love with a girl with polish Parents ... that he married later.
He became a german man married with a polish woman ... With the birth of the children most men became polish. Most oft the germans there where able to speak polish since there workers were mostly polish... until World War I.

That is one story how these nations became so mixed in that era.
And: many polish worker emigrated around 1900 into the German Kaiserreich to get work in the RUHRGEBIET, where the heavy industries growed very fast like KRUPP in ESSEN.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Crew member of U-505 grand poobah 06/01/2015 04:48AM
Re: Crew member of U-505 t-geronimo 06/01/2015 12:15PM
Re: Crew member of U-505 barinasboy 06/02/2015 10:43AM
Re: Crew member of u-963 chris smith 06/07/2015 09:20PM
Re: Crew member of u-963 jennifer twardun 07/12/2015 07:16AM
Re: Crew member of u-963 Harriot Nelson 06/10/2019 08:13PM
Re: Crew member of U-505 WOLF 06/08/2015 06:58AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.