General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Active Service
Posted by: jcrt ()
Date: July 27, 2015 02:54PM

Hi I am currently listing the total days each (Front) boat spent on a patrol as well as what years they were in service, to give the list some perspective. However I have come across several boats that are listed as having been on at least one patrol, but are not recorded as being on Active Service. They are listed as being either in a School or Training or both, U-Flotilla's, during the period that they went on patrol. But I have also found two other boats, one U758 was attached to the 6th UF (Front), but is listed as being both on a training and active periods, while U717 is listed as with the 8th UF (Training), and is also listed as being on having an Active and Training period. Should the eleven boats [U8, U145, U423, U748, U776, U961, U973, U977, U1000, U1020 and U1060] also be listed as being on Active service, during the times that they were out? John.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Active Service jcrt 07/27/2015 02:54PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.