General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
German S (E) Boats
Posted by: Ian Coombs ()
Date: May 19, 2016 01:22AM

HI.. This is my first attempt to get some information to/from Germans who crewed the fast S boats. These have the dubious history of having sunk the landing ship at Slapton sands in the practice leading up to D Day. These MTB's(100ft. long) were used after the war using mostly German crews to insert spies into Russia.
My selfish thought is to contact crews from WW2 & the 1940/50's with a view to presenting this to a UK producer of documentories(Dan Snow).Time is obviously running out, especially for the WW2 veterans. On web sites for these boats I have seen comments of US veterans visiting the restoration of the last vessel. This is currently 'stalled' & this is my other concern that this ship will be lost unless somebody starts to care about it again. Maybe German ex-mariners. So I would appreciate any help with contacts to the 'Kriegsmarine' that may help in the start of this quest. I am A Brit living in Australia now so difficult to meet & follow up 'leads' in Germany. Again any help would be more than appreciated..
I apologise if I am intruding into a site that is more for you veterans to communicate Regards..Ian Coombs..

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
German S (E) Boats Ian Coombs 05/19/2016 01:22AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.