Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
Re: Opening flood holes on Revells new 1/72 U-Boat???????
Posted by: Stan Goddard ()
Date: May 05, 2007 01:21AM

Hi, I've built three of Revell's 1/72 U Boats and prefer to open all flood holes. They just show better that way. At this time I am just preparing to build the 'Atlantic' version and will open all holes.

As far as I am concerned forget the interior, who sees it anyhow unless you intend to open up the hull casing.

I do like the Nautilus lazer cut wooden deck and have used it on one U Boat. Will be using it on the Atlantic version as well.

I use a small electric hand drill and appropriate sized drill to open the holes by drilling a hole in the ends of the item to be opened and then another in the center. I finish off with a #11 scalpel blade (surgical/handle) to clear it.

Hope this helps you.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Opening flood holes on Revells new 1/72 U-Boat??????? Sean 05/11/2006 10:42PM
Re: Opening flood holes on Revells new 1/72 U-Boat??????? Richard 05/13/2006 12:44AM
Re: Opening flood holes on Revells new 1/72 U-Boat??????? Michael 05/15/2006 01:05PM
Re: Opening flood holes on Revells new 1/72 U-Boat??????? Stan Goddard 05/05/2007 01:21AM
Re: Opening flood holes on Revells new 1/72 U-Boat??????? Glenn Cauley 05/14/2007 03:27PM
Re: Opening flood holes on Revells new 1/72 U-Boat??????? Dana 07/04/2007 04:16AM
Re: Opening flood holes on Revells new 1/72 U-Boat??????? Dana 09/27/2007 11:00AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.