General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Re: Problem w/Silent Hunter II
Posted by: Craig McLean ()
Date: December 02, 2002 09:59PM

<HTML>Well, I don't think there is really a forum for game questions, is there? Personally, I am not offended by symbols like %$@& to mean some sort of cursing. Comic strips for children even show this, and is meant to be non-specific and non-offensive.

I also don't mind U-boat game simulation questions. Historic games can do two positive things. They can offer a relaxing diversion for those who already do serious study. They can also interest someone who doesn't already study U-boats to want to begin doing so.

Erich Topp himself was consulted in the making of SH2...and the game features many great video interviews with him. The US Army even uses simulations to train soldiers with different weapon systems, which if nothing else, saves money on ammunition costs.

So to answer the question, I haven't played SH2 in a few months, but the screen should not turn black and just end there. Another screen should come up saying what happened. So, I would guess, you are experiencing technical problems between the game and your computer.

Try a couple short scenarios and let yourself get depth-charged or blasted by guns on the surface. See if the problem repeats itself when you are certain you were sent to the bottom. Then, if you still get a blank screen, you may need to un-install and re-install the game...and try again. If re-installing will be a major problem (like, you already are well into a campaign or something), you might try tech-support with the game manufacturers.

Hope this helps.

Good Hunting!</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Problem w/Silent Hunter II Joe Barauskas 12/02/2002 07:47PM
Re: Problem w/Silent Hunter II Dion Pauls 12/02/2002 08:14PM
Re: Problem w/Silent Hunter II Tony Smith 12/08/2002 02:36AM
Re: Problem w/Silent Hunter II Craig McLean 12/02/2002 09:59PM
Re: Problem w/Silent Hunter II William Engel 12/03/2002 07:57AM
Re: Problem w/Silent Hunter II ankemo 12/03/2002 08:06AM
Re: Problem w/Silent Hunter II Woody 12/03/2002 01:28PM
Re: Problem w/Silent Hunter II Leif... 12/04/2002 06:05PM
Re: Problem w/Silent Hunter II Tony Smith 12/08/2002 02:39AM
Re: Problem w/Silent Hunter II lysergic 12/06/2002 11:33AM
Re: Problem w/Silent Hunter II Bob Bankhead 12/07/2002 04:45PM
Re: Problem w/Silent Hunter II Bob Bankhead 12/07/2002 04:45PM
Re: Problem w/Silent Hunter II Joseph Buscemi 06/26/2017 07:45PM
Re: Problem w/Silent Hunter II mohammed ayyub 06/03/2020 07:05PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.