General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
RE: Cuxhaven & Jak M S (teil 2)
Posted by: Craig McLean ()
Date: January 19, 2001 03:03AM

<HTML>I might add, MPC, Jak Showell (who I talked to just a few days ago with FTU inquiries pertaining to some of my friends who recently joined) is VERY widely regarded as an authorative author on the Kriegsmarine. Not to mention his personal, generous help with the U-Boot-Archiv.

(Some believe Mr. Showell might be the one to succeed Herr Bredow as Direktor at the Archiv, and I wish I\'d remembered to ask him about this when we talked. I know Herr Bredow would like to see a good replacement step forward. When we [Horst and me] talked about this before, German historians Busch and Roell were likely not in the running anymore, as both would need better salaries in order to take over there. As a pensioner already [disabled vet--guaranteed lifetime income], I\'d do it in a heart-beat, but don\'t speak near adequate German, nor do I have the technical knowledge needed. So who can take over? Horst Schwenk, right hand man there today, is a SUPER asset at the Archiv...but does he have any interest in being the Direktor?)

From my own experience, if someone were to ask me who were the top 2 U-boat authorities around, I\'d have to say Horst Bredow and Jak Showell. I\'m sure Timothy Mulligan and others are also up there, but I don\'t know them as well.

Anyway, who will run the Archiv and keep its memory alive in future years...Horst Bredow cannot do it forever...someone else must step forward...????

Regards,
Craig

</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Cuxhaven &amp; Jak M S MPC 01/18/2001 07:49PM
RE: Cuxhaven &amp; Jak M S (teil 2) MPC 01/18/2001 07:58PM
RE: Cuxhaven &amp; Jak M S (teil 2) Craig McLean 01/18/2001 11:25PM
RE: Cuxhaven &amp; Jak M S (teil 2) Craig McLean 01/19/2001 03:03AM
RE: Craig ...... MPC 01/19/2001 02:42PM
RE: Cuxhaven &amp; Jak M S Frank 01/19/2001 06:11AM
RE: To - (?) MPC 01/19/2001 02:37PM
RE: To - (?) Fin Bonset 01/19/2001 05:14PM
RE: To - (?) MPC 01/19/2001 07:52PM
RE: To - (?) Fin Bonset 01/21/2001 07:38PM
RE: To - (?) Craig McLean 01/21/2001 08:16AM
Cuxhaven and the Meeting Ying 01/20/2001 05:17AM
RE: Cuxhaven and the Meeting Craig McLean 01/21/2001 08:34AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.