Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
scatchbuilding Wintergarten for 1:72 VII U-Boat
Posted by: Einsamer Wolf ()
Date: December 07, 2008 03:34PM

I have tried a couple of times to scratch build the Wintergarten for the Turm of my 1:72 U-boat kit. I build three dimension jig, with the idea of fixing the vertical stalnchions with blue-tape. It just does not work (at least for me)
So my new idea is to reorder the kit part. Once I have this, carefully cut of the railing from the top railing, then drill holes where the vertical stanchions are to be placed. I will use brass rod for the vertical stanchions and the middle horizontal railings.
If I do this, what sort of CA glue is recommended for brass on brass and brass on plastic?
Thanks much in advance. Of course, if anyone in the greater New York area cares to teach me how to solder three dimensional railing together, that would be appreciated as well.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
scatchbuilding Wintergarten for 1:72 VII U-Boat Einsamer Wolf 12/07/2008 03:34PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.