WWI forum  
World War One discussions. 
U 41 U-Boat Questions
Posted by: militaria77 ()
Date: April 09, 2009 08:01PM

Greetings.

I recently purchased a couple items from an estate that belonged to a person that was on a U-boat in WWI. (I believe it was the grandfather of the person who passed away)

One was an old oil painting of the Uboat with the title of U 41. The painting does seem to match the deck gun of the actual WWI U 41 and I believe this is from around that era.

I also purchased a couple pins that the estate military expert said were pins worn by the person while on the Uboat, and mentioned something about Georg Vonn Trapp being on the uboat. (There were also an obvious U-boat pin that I lost out on by bidding too low, sadly, that had a submarine on it)

Anyway, here is an image of the pin I purchased, and I was curious if anyone has seen one like it or has any information on it?

[imgs.inkfrog.com]

Trying to research it, the best I can tell is the pin is related to "Prinz Alfons of Bavaria", I think.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
U 41 U-Boat Questions militaria77 04/09/2009 08:01PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.