General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Caspi
Posted by: Yuri IL'IN ()
Date: November 27, 2001 04:06AM

<HTML>STRICTLY SECRET AND PERSONAL MESSAGE FROM THE PRIME MINISTER Mr. WINSTON CHURCHILL TO Mr. STALIN

1. Of the same source, which was used by me in order to warn you about the forthcoming attack in Russia of one-and-a-half year back I was obtained the following information. I assume that this source deserves absolute confidence. Let this be only for your information please.

Beginning: Germans already was appointed the Admiral, to whom the naval operations in Caspian Sea will be charged. They selected Makhachkala as their major naval base. About 20 vessels, including Italian submarines, Italian PT boats and trawlers, must be delivered by railroad from Mariupol to the Caspian Region, as soon as railroad will be completed. In view of the freezing of Azov Sea the submarines will be submerged to the end of the building of railroad.

2. Undoubtedly, you are already prepared to the attack of this type. It seems to me that the larger value acquires the plan, about which I told you, intensification by us with the American aid of your Air Force in the Caspian and Caucasian theaters by twenty British and American squadrons. After our encounter I did not cease the work on this, and I hope that in the week I will approximately obtain from the President final approval and can to make to you the specific joint proposal.

30 September 1942.

Q: How they did call German Admiral which it had to command Italian submarines in Caspian Sea?

Regards
Yuri IL'IN
Moscow Russia</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Caspi Yuri IL'IN 11/27/2001 04:06AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.