General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Crazy Kapiten
Posted by: Max von Schuler ()
Date: January 22, 2002 07:19PM

<HTML>Hallo! I am Max and I live in Tokyo. I am a member of the wolfpack league 12th flotilla even though I don't have a boat. That is because I have an iMac and they say it doesn't float. Today I am drunk, and as always a little crazy. But who can I remember who was like that? Does anyone know Manfred Kinzel? He commanded U-338. He was a little nuts. With a type VII, he once fought it out with a British aircraft, shot it down, captured the pilot and brought him back to France as prisoner. He had a reputation as being an aggresive Kapitan. In your files you have listed that the cause of his sinking is unknown. However, I have read that he was sunk by an American B-24. The story was that he was caught on the surface by the American plane, and again attempted to fight with his AA. However the AA on a type VII, being minimal, he eventually dived. This was the Americans were waiting for. They were carrying an experimental acoustic torpedo. That was the end of Manfred Kinzel and the crew of U-338. I drink in their honor.

Max von Schuler</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Crazy Kapiten Max von Schuler 01/22/2002 07:19PM
Re: Crazy Kapiten Jeff McBride 01/23/2002 02:04AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.