General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
I need advice please.
Posted by: Acerbus ()
Date: March 08, 2002 12:34AM

<HTML>I am a 15yr old high school student, I am very interested in German U-Boats. I am planning on makeing a map for the Half-Life modification Day of Defeat(www.dayofdefeatmod.com) there are no non-land type maps:( here is the idea I have thought up. I know it has holes in it and that is why I am posting here to get advice.

long ago i thought up an idea basically involving a damaged u-boat "taking over" an american troop/supplies transport going across the atlantic. they would have tied the u-boat to the ship to keep it afloat and repaired damage.. i talked with many people about a map of this type... they didnt think it was plausible that that would happen. after reading a book devoted to german u-boats i think it could. they were attempting to sink a merchantman and apparently the captain had at the site of the U-Boat and its utterance of "get off the ship, were going to sink it" had emptied his whiskey flask and started screaming about how no damned German was getting his boat. He put the engines at full and started toward the surfaced u-boat(about 100 yards away). The stunned gun crew fired a blind shot at the the on-coming merchantman striking it in the bow far above the water line. with due haste the gun crew practically dove through the conning tower hatch and the U-Boat went into a crash-dive..unfortunatly the u-boat was not fast enough and the merchantman grazed the hull ripping a hole in the fuel tanks, and destroying the radio antennae. resurfacing the u-boat sunk the merchantman with all hands lost by firing her aft torpedo tubes striking the ship and sinking it instantly. The Germans had a problem. A)they had lost to much fuel to make it all the way back to europe and cool smileythe radio antennae were torn off thus no "milk cows" could be sent. They had to find fuel somewhere... they made hasty repairs and started heading back toward France knowing that they do not have enough fuel to make it. on the second day they spot a ship not knowing that it is also carrying troops they force the ship to stop threatening to hole them.. they lashed the u-boat to the side of the ship and climbed up takeing over the boat and putting the troops and crew in the hold leaving a few guards to watch them. to make a long story short they break out and crack open weapon and ammo crates and so the battle begins.

I need mostly information if this type of occurence was possible. any advice you guys could give would be most helpful and the type of U-Boat is VIIC.</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
I need advice please. Acerbus 03/08/2002 12:34AM
Re: I need advice please. Acerbus 03/08/2002 10:06PM
Re: I need advice please. Acerbus 03/09/2002 07:41AM
I'm sorry, no :( Johannes 03/09/2002 08:52AM
Re: I'm sorry, no :( Acerbus 03/09/2002 10:34PM
Re: I need advice please. John Griffiths 03/09/2002 09:30AM
Re: I need advice please. Acerbus 03/09/2002 10:39PM
Go for it and have fun. (NT) Leif... 03/10/2002 02:03PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.