General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Axis blockade runners
Posted by: OZIRES ()
Date: May 26, 2007 07:37PM

Dear members: I am leading a group of researchers dedicated to gather all pertinent information regarding the history and participation of US Navy Fourth Fleet in South Atlantic during WW II. This study have led us to take into account on the deeds, prowess and the importance of that large fleet based at Recife, Brazil.
All documents, books, magazines which cover the events are being translated to english, so that we can convert them into a full fledged account on Admiral Ingram's and his brave young american sailors in that mission in Atlantic waters. We intend to launch a website around next June 2007. Based on collected data, we could verify the huge proportion of that fleet which comprised more than 140 ships under command of Adm Ingram. More than 660 pages in PowerPoint have been done with hendreds of pictures and text. In order to make the site more complete, we need the pictures of some of the german blockade runners sunk in the south Atlantic earlier in 1944 by ships of the fourth fleet. I could not find any picture of the following runners. Annelise Essberger, Portland, Karin and Burgenland. I would be greatly indebted if someone could direct me to any site where these images could be found. As soon as the website is online I shall inform you. Thank you in advance and my best regards.
Capt Ozires Moraes. sixtant@rce.neoline.com.br

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Axis blockade runners OZIRES 05/26/2007 07:37PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.