General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
BBC TV documentary / U Boat survivors
Posted by: Ed Barlow ()
Date: May 30, 2008 03:15PM

Hello,

I'm writing from BBC television in the UK about a documentary series we're currently researching called Coast - it's a series that travels around Britain's coastline looking at all manner of stories whether historical, archeological, sociological, geographical ... anything and everything really!

We're hoping to have a feature looking at U Boats and Liverpool and I've been researching stories about Captain Walker as well as the U Boat that until recently was at Birkenhead (the one that's currently being sliced up!) but I'd love to be able to speak to anyone who served on a U Boat during the war. Can anyone help put me in touch with anyone please?

At this stage it would only be for a chat on the telephone with no pressure to be filmed at all - although ultimately this is something we might be interested in.

My telephone number is (0044) 121 567 6648 or email: ed.barlow@bbc.co.uk

I can ring anyone straigh back if that helps.

Many thanks,

Ed Barlow
BBC TV
Coast

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
BBC TV documentary / U Boat survivors Ed Barlow 05/30/2008 03:15PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.