General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Books
Posted by: gylippus ()
Date: July 16, 2008 08:43PM

Hello, I am new to this forum. I want to learn more about this aspect of WWII and I was hoping people could recommend some books. What is the best book to read that could give me a general overview of the uboat and how it was used in WWII? Bear in mind that I am not looking at in depth technical details at this point but that may come at a later date.

Secondly, I read through quite a few posts and I saw a post on possible uboat wrecks off of the coast of Patagonia. This got me thinking about how much is known about how many uboats were produced and how many are accounted for. I know there are lists on this website but where is this information derived from? Is there a master list of uboats produced or is the process much more laborious then simply looking at one document? Also, how easy would it be to delete uboats from this list. One person in particular had a theory that the Germans faked the sinking of a uboat in order to use it for clandestine operations.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Books gylippus 07/16/2008 08:43PM
Re: Books PatW 07/17/2008 02:09AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.