General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
U-Bootsfahrer Lied
Posted by: mimudlark ()
Date: June 01, 2008 04:00AM

About 6 month ago I was on youtube.com and came across an old version of the "U-Bootsfahrer Lied"... The Refrain begins: Auf einem Seemannsgrab, Da blühen keine Rosen. I am not sure who sung it but it virtually brought me to tears.

Last night while dreaming, the song was going through my mind time and time again, but I could not remember correctly the last two lines of the refrain. When I got up, I got on the computer to find it and it took me about an hour to located the e-mail where I had logged the youtube.com site address. But when I clicked on the site address, the song was no longer in "youtube.com

My singing is about as bad as my handwriting so I was looking for a site that would have a midi of the song... youtube.com had many videos that you can click on with reference to the song "Auf einem Seemannsgrab" but it seems to be a newer version of the song and it does not include the refrain that I am looking for... I there anyone out there that knows where I can get the version that I am looking for ??? Vielen Dank... John Sbiegaÿ

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
U-Bootsfahrer Lied mimudlark 06/01/2008 04:00AM
Re: U-Bootsfahrer Lied anonimous 02/05/2009 07:08PM
Re: U-Bootsfahrer Lied Vidart 02/05/2009 09:04PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.