General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
IdTags (Erkennungsmarken) in the Kriegsmarine
Posted by: Leo ()
Date: July 04, 2007 11:00PM

Hello, I'm trying to gather all the possible information about the uboat men referred Ids,. The easyest to find are images and data about the usualy called Dog Tags from infanterie (wehrmacht) but there's very little access to the ones from the Kriegsmarine, in particular for the uboat service.
I know that they where usually golden and that the size was smaller than the rest of the arms. Does anyone have images and/or knowledge about the true data contained in this Erkennungsmarken? Was the number of the ship inscribed there as well? (4xample U1002 or whatever bote the immate was assigned to)

Please, if someone knows something or at least where I can go to find our I would much apreciate it.

Regards mates!

Leo
(From the UK)

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
IdTags (Erkennungsmarken) in the Kriegsmarine Leo 07/04/2007 11:00PM
Re: IdTags (Erkennungsmarken) in the Kriegsmarine Jerry and Charla Mason 07/05/2007 03:27AM
Re: IdTags (Erkennungsmarken) in the Kriegsmarine Ginger Cucolo 09/13/2007 01:20PM
Re: IdTags (Erkennungsmarken) in the Kriegsmarine nuts44 12/22/2009 06:47PM
Re: IdTags (Erkennungsmarken) in the Kriegsmarine Kevin 03/16/2010 04:31PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.