General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
U.533.etc etc.
Date: February 02, 2002 06:38AM

<HTML>Gentlemen, thank you all very much for the prompt and most interesting replies that you all sent regarding the U 533,. (see my earlier brief.) Initially, it was thought here in the UAE that the crew of this submarine might have survived which is why I posted my brief, but now that the facts have emerged that there was only one survivor, indeed the boat is a war grave and there would be no question of raising her. Much interest has been shown by local dive groups however and a dive on the site is planned but very strictly, looking not touching. It has also been decided, following all your kind replies, that we will lay a wreath on the casing of the boat.
I would be very grateful for any further information any of you might have, particularly regarding any other crew members, or their families, that are known of, and in particular, if the sole survivor, Gunther Schmidt, is still alive. Equally well, the captain of the Blenheim bomber, Sgt L. Chapman might still be alive, does anyone know of him ?

Finally, full details of this last patrol of U 533 is needed, can anyone help there please? What ships were sunk on this patrol etc etc.

With grateful thanks and best wishes to you all.

Chris Hurndall.
Fujairah
United Arab Emirates.</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
U.533.etc etc. Christopher Hurndall 02/02/2002 06:38AM
Re: U.533.etc etc. Joe Brennan 02/02/2002 10:50AM
Re: U.533.etc etc. ALLAN NEWTON 07/06/2010 08:05PM
Re: U.533.etc etc. BHenderson 07/19/2010 11:54PM
Re: U.533.etc etc. Marc Haldimann 07/26/2010 07:43PM
Re: U.533.etc etc. Marc Haldimann 07/26/2010 07:45PM
Re: U.533.etc etc. Ã…kerberg 07/27/2010 06:31AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.