General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
u-869
Posted by: djwarlock82 ()
Date: September 16, 2011 01:55PM

hey there.
what i am wanting to know is how the cause of loss on u-869 came to be changed, it was my understanding that the circle runner theory was pretty much accepted as the fate of this sub. now i see it being listed as sunk by depth charges and hedgehogs from u.s. forces. it was also my understanding that there were no records or after action reports to coo-berate any claims of u.s. forces sinking a u-boat or even making contact with a u-boat within 150 square miles.... and given the catastrophic damage there is no way the u-boat limped to that location, meaning it was sunk exactly where she lies. if anyone has any info on how they came about the info to change the accepted cause of loss on this u-boat please send me a message with the facts. you can get me on here or email me at djwarlock82@yahoo.com

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
u-869 djwarlock82 09/16/2011 01:55PM
Re: u-869 BHenderson 09/17/2011 01:31AM
Re: u-869 BHenderson 09/17/2011 06:44PM
Re: u-869 djwarlock82 09/17/2011 07:06PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.