General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
U-322
Posted by: braidjansen ()
Date: August 12, 2012 12:26AM

Good Evening everyone and greetings from Ontario Canada.

My Grandfather was part of HMCS Calgary's (Corvette K-231) ship's company during the last two years of the war. Prior to his passing he always told me that he had never been involved in the actual confirmed sinking of a u-boat, the Calgary's only confirmed sinking (U-536) having occured prior to his joining the ship. My research generally confirmed this. Yesterday I was poking around on the internet and I discovered that it is now believed that the Calgary sank U-322 in December 1944. I understand that as new information and U-Boat wrecks are discovered the official record when it comes to the fate of lost U-Boats are revised. Up until recently it was believed that U-322 was sunk further out in the Atlantic by a British frigate. Would anyone out there be able to give me insight into the chain of events/discoveries that led to this revision in the official record.

Jason Braida
Innisfil, Ontario, Canada

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
U-322 braidjansen 08/12/2012 12:26AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.