General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Thanks to uboat.net for help with my WWII historical novel
Posted by: panama60 ()
Date: March 01, 2013 04:51PM

I have written a WWII historical novel about a German U-boat radio operator who is captured along with his crew and sent to Camp Papago Park, a POW camp for U-boat officers and crewmen in Phoenix, Arizona from 1943-1946.

Thanks to uboat.net, I came into contact with Ken Dunn who offered all kinds of technical advice about my U-boat scenes for my fictional boat U-893. This U-boat number was picked with the help of U-boat historian Jak Mallmann Showell when I met him at the U-boat Archiv in Cuxhaven (2007) for research. While I was in Germany, I spent several days visiting Herr Volkmar Koenig who was a prisoner of war in Canada (one of Hitler's Canadians) and an officer on U-99 with Otto Kretschmer. He gave me invaluable background information.

My historical novel is called "The Swastika Tattoo." The book gives a view of how it was to grow up in Germany as a Hitler Youth and what it was like to be a U-boat radio operator and a prisoner of war in America. It is an eBook available at all sites of Amazon; also BarnesandNoble.com and smashwords.com. I believe U-boat affectionados will enjoy the book.

I want to thank you for your website. I became very familiar with it while writing the book and gained invaluable information.

Sincerely,

Geraldine (Gerry) Birch

Read my historical novel The Swastika Tattoo @ [goo.gl]

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Thanks to uboat.net for help with my WWII historical novel panama60 03/01/2013 04:51PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.