General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
March 10 1944 sunk U-boat by British destroyer
Posted by: bill ()
Date: March 29, 2002 04:12AM

<HTML>Hello

Perhaps someone can help me

I have from the Torpedoman(in charge of Depth Charges as the Summerside had no torpedo's) of the HCMS Summerside a pair of Bearing recoder printouts named and dated to the HMCS Summerside with the March 10\1944 date on them . they clearly show sub contact and there is a note on both of them showing when the charges were dropped. Also on second sheet is a extra bit of notation reading as follows:

"Depth charges dropped here when dirrectly over sub" ( with arrow ponting to spot on print out.)

"Range Recorder from Range Recorder Asdic? set of HCMS Summerside showing attack on Nazi submarine on March 10 1944 sub later surfaced and finished off by British Destroyers"

So far i have only been able to find one sub sank by British destoyer with Canadian support on that date .... with not a mention of the Summerside

Any help?

Also are many other artifact belonging to the same man

he also clearly states they accepted the surrender of a German Uboat as well at the end of the war and that he was among the origional boarding party.... Any idea on the boat ?

Bill</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
March 10 1944 sunk U-boat by British destroyer bill 03/29/2002 04:12AM
Re: March 10 1944 sunk U-boat by British destroyer Ted Agar 03/29/2002 12:24PM
Re: March 10 1944 sunk U-boat by British destroyer Matthew 05/20/2013 04:58AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.