General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Sunderland
Posted by: speedwellfane ()
Date: February 14, 2014 03:47PM

Hi My name is Kevin Smith and I go diving in the North Sea I have found the remains of what I think is a Sunderland Flying Boat off the Lincolnshire coast. I have researched this aircraft with many groups and the RAF and their museums all have told me that they have no records of a Sunderland going missing in this area.
So I thought that I would tackle this problem in a different way and ask you guys if you have any knowledge of a U Boat having an encounter with a Sunderland and shooting it down or damaging one in the North Sea somewhere near this position.
The crash site is 27 Miles off Mablethorpe Lincolnshire UK co ordinates 53-21-900N 001-00-18E.
Information so far is Sunderland aircraft possibly early 1940/41 but could be later, sank rather than crashed as the aircraft lies on seabed in line not piled up.
Anyone with any info or maybes would be of great help.
Thanks regards Kevin Smith

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Sunderland speedwellfane 02/14/2014 03:47PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.