General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Looking for help
Posted by: andymellettbrown ()
Date: March 07, 2016 09:02PM

Hi,

I'm a self-published author, putting the finishing touches to my third novel (which will be called "Building 41" ). I write thrillers - completely fictional. But I like to use real events, people and, in this case a U-boat, as the loose basis for my plots (in this case, the references are very loose indeed to the real events). In my latest novel, the first couple of chapters take place aboard U-110 and I'm looking for someone, with reasonably expert knowledge, to check my text (of the first couple of chapters) for procedural inaccuracies. Not the plot itself - which as I say, is fictional and only very loosely based on actual events - but, for example, on the orders given by the Captain (who is called Kapitanleutnant Fritz-Julius Lettmann, rather than Lemp in the book), the U-boat's bearings and directional commands etc. The text doesn't have to be absolutely correct - because my readers are, I suspect, more interested in the overall plot and than in U-boat procedure. But I'd rather be correct if I can. I can't pay anyone I'm afraid, but if somebody would be willing to read the text and send me any suggested corrections and comments (reasonably promptly - as I plan to publish in 3-4 weeks time), there is a free copy of the book in it, and a credit (for both them and boat.net). If you would be interested, please email me - andy_c_brown@hotmail.com. My website (where you can find details of the books) is www.andymellettbrown.com). I hope the admin of this forum doesn't mind me posting this. It is not intended as a plug at all - I'm just hoping for some help from the experts. Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Looking for help andymellettbrown 03/07/2016 09:02PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.