General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Post war POW Camps for Uboat crews
Posted by: Ruddershaker ()
Date: September 03, 2021 04:55PM

Hello Everyone. I have been following this excellent forum for a number of years. I am awed by the depth of knowledge of the membership.

My father was Wilhelm Klein, and he was Second Watch Officer on the U-586 until it met it's demise during an American bombing raid in late summer of 44 while in dry dock. The entire crew was sent up to northern Germany to join the newly constructed U-2527 which was commissioned on Dec44. The crew spent early 45 in sea trials and training on the new boat until war's end when the crew scuttled their boat in May of 1945.

I remember that my father told me that upon surrendering to the British, he spent a number of months in a POW camp in Denmark. Am I remembering that correctly? If so, would any of you know the names/locations of these camps?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Post war POW Camps for Uboat crews Ruddershaker 09/03/2021 04:55PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.