General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Photos of the last days of the U-586
Posted by: Ruddershaker ()
Date: April 24, 2023 05:05PM

Hello Everyone. My Father, Wilhelm Klein was the Second Watch Officer on the U-586. I inherited several photo albums from him that chronicle his entrance into the Navy in 1941 as a new recruit sailor on Minesweepers all the way to getting his commission and joining the U Boat service. He served on the last patrol of the U-586 that occurred from 05MAY1944 to 21JUN1944.

I have visited uboat.net for several years and am amazed at the depth of knowledge that is contained within the website. I thought some of you might be interested in some selected photos that came from my Father’s photo albums. The four photos that appear in the link below are of the U-586 docked in the Missiessy East Quay, Toulon France shortly after the boat was bombed by the US Air Force on 05JUL1944. Any comments or observations that would increase my understanding of the event would be greatly appreciated.

[photos.app.goo.gl]

Thanks,

Bill

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Photos of the last days of the U-586 Ruddershaker 04/24/2023 05:05PM
Re: Photos of the last days of the U-586 Werwolf 05/11/2023 03:02AM
Re: Photos of the last days of the U-586 Ruddershaker 05/15/2023 08:27PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.