Naval Clock Identification
Posted by: shirelets ()
Date: January 18, 2014 04:18PM

Came across this forum whilst researching a clock that has come into my possession (I repair and restore clocks). Almost definitely not a U boat clock, but hoping someone can help me identify.

Don't think I am able to upload photos, unless someone can give me a normal email address to send to in which case I will add photos as attachments.

Clock has silver dial 8" diameter, black lettering with Nautische Werkstatten Kreuziger & Leutert Hamburg on it. There are no other naval markings on it. It is a timepiece with separate second hand. It has a substantial circular brass movement about 4" diameter with 'platform' escapement. On the back of the movement are letters TB & S with a running deer above - this I have found on the internet is TOBIAS BAUERLE & SOHN.

Previous owner has put it in a home made oak mantle case.

If anyone can help identifying it or give me an idea of value, would much appreciate it!

Subject Written By Posted
Naval Clock Identification shirelets 01/18/2014 04:18PM
Re: Naval Clock Identification i have the same works with oak and brass housing came from river rouge paddle boat out of winnipeg manitoba canada neil flannery 08/26/2014 08:47PM