RE: Birkenhead Meeting - New post..
Posted by: John Griffiths ()
Date: August 24, 2001 04:42PM

<HTML>Mike - and all other interested parties,

The chance of us meeting to put faces to names is what I am interested in. U-534 as well of course, but meeting other people whom I\'ve talked with is a good hook.

I know there have been some issues with the trip and organisation and many plans made - but it does seem to be going deep six quickly, and that is a shame.

I appreciate and respect your position on Jak but the idea of November 17th was mooted before we knew that and sort of agreed. Your offer was a kind one, was never definite - but some people did, I believe, take it as being serious and thus a change. I say we still go for November and stick with what we made.

If Jak does come, great. I think that would be fantastic but.....let\'s go original and stay where we started! On that note, can we now confirm who the hell is coming, who will make the hotel approach, who is talking to the Warship Preservation Trust and who will enquire whether the bar has gallons of cranberry juice, which is my favourite tipple nowadays? :-)

Let\'s get back on track! It was a good idea and was so well received - let\'s not lose that!

Aye,

John</HTML>

Subject Written By Posted
Birkenhead Meeting - New post.. MPC 08/23/2001 12:59PM
RE: Birkenhead Meeting - New post.. John Griffiths 08/24/2001 04:42PM
RE: Birkenhead Meeting - New post.. Chris Lee 08/27/2001 02:11AM