General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
identify this badge?
Posted by: chris lee ()
Date: May 30, 2001 06:28AM

<HTML>Can any one help with the identification of a badge/emblem that I recently purchased? it is metal, with bronze finish, and resembles sometype of wheel or capstan? it is roughly 3cms wide. It looks like a very early steering wheel or cartwheel. the rear has two eyes brazed onto it, and these attach to a alloy back plate with two split pins. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I have seen this badge before, and I wondered if it could have been a U.Boat cap badge of some description, as it looks like it is made to attach to a cap. There are no markings, and the only clue I have is that it came with some German medals(unknown to me) and a lot of books on Submarines.( which I purchased) I believe it came from a deseased estate here in Tasmania.Any one any ideas?</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
identify this badge? chris lee 05/30/2001 06:28AM
look in emblem of the week ray.schwartz 05/30/2001 09:30AM
RE: identify this badge? Peter K 05/30/2001 10:42AM
RE: identify this badge? chris lee 05/31/2001 07:49AM
RE: identify this badge? chris lee 05/31/2001 07:49AM
RE: identify this badge? joe brandt 05/30/2001 07:56PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.