General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Beer thread #2? Maybe... and women?
Posted by: Fin Bonset ()
Date: June 05, 2001 03:30PM

<HTML>Hi friends,

Finally my browser is not doing that strange thing again! Thanks Gummi!

Well, it appears that as soon as we start talking about Navies and drinking paired with u-boats and personal drinking stories, it\'s a free for all! I was just passing on some thing neat about the U.S.S. Constitution and here we go again :-)

Honestly, I didn\'t mean to start another beer thread, but I must admit, they are truly a beautiful thing. I\'m surprised the conversation didn\'t include women! As that is certaninly a thing we all love as much as beer itself. I wish Ying was reading this thread. :-)

Anyway, I am leaving for Trinidad tomorrow to visit a girl I met there last time. She promised she would try to help me find the supposed u-boat museum on the island. The Caribbean U-boat War book mentions it, but there is no address. So hopefully I\'ll find something to tell you folks about. I\'ll be back next Wednesday. Also, I will be enjoying the good lagers on the island, named Stag and Carib. They\'re not bad, but I\'ll take any good English Ale (like Old Speckled Hen from Leeds, or Tetley\'s), or any Southern Dutch beer like \"De Ridder\" Bier any day.

Well, I wish you all a good week and a good coming weekend.
Keep the beer flowing and discussions coming!

My best wishes to you all,

Fin

P.S. Yes Begian beers are good, especially beers like Jupiler. But the Lambik fruit flavored beers, I don\'t know about that. As a Dutchmen, I would have to say that the Belgians went a little too far with that, but that makes them so interesting. I respect the Belgians, especially because they make the best french fries and mayonnaise in this known universe. Herge also came from there and is a pure genius (Tin Tin!).

P.S.S. One day I will go to England and have MPC and John Griffith buy me some true English ales near Bletchley Park! :-)

P.S.S.S. Wish me luck in Trinidad!</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Beer thread #2? Maybe... and women? Fin Bonset 06/05/2001 03:30PM
RE: Beer thread #2? Maybe... and women? John Griffiths 06/05/2001 04:58PM
RE: French Fries Steve Cooper 06/06/2001 03:34PM
RE: French Fries John R. 06/06/2001 03:45PM
RE: French Fries Craig McLean 06/14/2001 11:19AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.