General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Birkenhead Meeting - New post..
Posted by: MPC ()
Date: August 23, 2001 12:59PM

<HTML>
I put a new post in as the others are getting deeper into the abyss and could well be missed.

First to explain:- I only mentioned a date in October because it is the \"Battle of the Atlantic\" weekend there. Yes, Jak Mallmann Showell will be giving a talk there from the German side. I just thought all this might have been of a little more interest than the date mentioned for November as Jak will be in the area sometime in August and September as well as October but doesnt know if he can make it in November for our benefit.
Although I would like to hear him give a talk I dont really need to as I have known him for about 30 years and had a tour of the Russian Foxtrot class submarine in Folkestone with him in June of this year.
There was mention of 2-3 others \"butting in\" and trying to sort things out - I took some of the remarks personally so I \"butted out\".
There are quite a few on this forum who would make an effort to come and even more who would like to know what happened after we have met and seen the
U 534 and post tales and pics here....

MPC</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Birkenhead Meeting - New post.. MPC 08/23/2001 12:59PM
RE: Birkenhead Meeting - New post.. John Griffiths 08/24/2001 04:42PM
RE: Birkenhead Meeting - New post.. Chris Lee 08/27/2001 02:11AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.