General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Schiffsglocke Erich Koellner - Marine-Unteroffzier
Posted by: M.S.Laarman ()
Date: August 26, 2001 10:01AM

<HTML>Hello,

This is perhaps a bit of-topic, but I assume there are people with a interest in it....

When going to my books on Zerstörer, I found an interesting photo in the book by Koop & Schmolke, Die deutschen Zerstörer 1935-45. ( good reference BTW!) The photo showed a model of the Ofot Fjord at Narvik, where the 10 destroyers were sunk. The model was made by recruits at the Marine-Unteroffiziersschule in Hohenschwangau, and stood in a building of the complex. Mentioned is that the bell of the Erich Koellner and the warflag had a place in the school. Shortly for the caputilation boths objects, together with other artefacts, were buried, location unknown.

Well, my question is, have the items been found in the meanwhile, and do the buildings of the school still exist today?

Thanks in advance,

Maurice</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Schiffsglocke Erich Koellner - Marine-Unteroffzier M.S.Laarman 08/26/2001 10:01AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.