Movies and Films  
This is the forum for Movie and Film discussions. Again, our topic is naval warfare in WWII for the most part. 
The Mackenzie Break
Posted by: I Stapley ()
Date: March 13, 2002 12:53PM

<HTML>This pops up from time to time on Channel 4. Set in a Scottish PoW camp it tells the story of a group of German U boat crewmen who stage an escape from the camp. The lead character is based a lot on Otto Kretschmer.

The film brings together several unrelated incidents and puts them under one roof, the order that all PoWs were to be manacled stems from an order from Hitler that prompted retaliation by the British; the murder of one of the prisoners accused of collaboration (at least two incidents are known, one in America and one in England) and finally, the mass break out to the coast (Kretschmer masterminded a similar plan while in Canada).

The constant battle of wits between the Scots criminoligist and the Germans makes for a tense film.</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
The Mackenzie Break I Stapley 03/13/2002 12:53PM
Re: The Mackenzie Break kosta 03/19/2002 01:57PM
Re: The Mackenzie Break I Stapley 03/19/2002 04:09PM
Re: The Mackenzie Break PPK 05/10/2002 02:38PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.