Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
RE: surcouf plans
Posted by: Frank Ricucci ()
Date: May 22, 2000 05:39PM

Lee,
I have a 1:60 scale R/C submarine of the French Surcouf. It's a great looking boat at six feet long. I found two sources to be invaluable in building the boat. One is plans from Taubman Plans Service Int'l, 11 College Drive, #4G Dept SUB, Jersey City, NJ 07305. His plans are in a 1:100 scale but have good detail on the exterior of the Surcouf. The other source was a book I came across from Pacific Front Hobbies, which was all about the Surcouf and was written by one who captained her. The book is all in French, but a little interpretation and it gives excellent details. When I get home, I'll e-mail you the exact Title and publisher. I don't know if there are any more books available as this was the only one Pacific Front had. One such detail I got from the book is, although many models of the Surcouf had her painted green, she never wore this color. She was originally clear gray above the water line and black below. She later was given a horizontal stripe of Prussian Blue, the designating color of cruisers, across her gun turret and conning tower. After that camouflage was added. If I can help you in any way, just write.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
surcouf plans Lee Daub 02/07/2000 11:04PM
RE: surcouf plans Sergio de Souza Carvalho Jr 02/15/2000 04:43PM
Re: RE: surcouf plans hobbidude 05/07/2007 02:53PM
RE: surcouf plans Frank Ricucci 05/22/2000 05:39PM
Re: RE: surcouf plans Greymac52 04/22/2009 09:23PM
RE: surcouf plans Frank Ricucci 05/24/2000 09:07AM
Re: RE: surcouf plans Ludovic 05/10/2007 12:38PM
Re: surcouf plans Spencer Sweet 08/06/2007 03:06PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.