Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
DK how to contact, but did have question
Posted by: Einsamer Wolf ()
Date: August 02, 2000 01:41AM

Dear Woody,

Somewhat upset, or at least ambivalent, with my purchase of Academy's IX, I scanned the enitre forum on models. I noticed that no one has found a decent kit of a IX. Except Nichimaco. The review is a little opaque. And the fact that this kit, too, has the "option" to build a motorized "model," leads me to believe that it may bear similar pitfalls to the one I just fell in (see debacle w/ Academy model posted today by me). Beyond that, the review's discussion of extensive sanding and fitting makes me even more skeptical. My question is this: how is the detail and, more importantly, accuracy of the Nichimaco model. Furthermore, what is the nature of your problem you wish to address them with? Ultimately, do you think I should chuck the academy model in the trash and follow in your footsteps towards Nichimacho? Keep in mind I am a law student, who, though having just finished my first year, was unable to get a summer clerkship. This means I cannot really afford to piss $22 plus paint and materials away. I like the academy model, except for the flaws mentioned in my "debacle" posting. And I can overcoome them all, *except* for the issue with the bogus propulsion gear.
Having scanned the trail of inquiries of and hunts for a decent IX kit on the model forum on u-boat.net, I really empathize with the troubles you had with Revell (OOP IX supposedly just VII in IX box), Combat, and Nichimocho. All of our unfortunate experience leads me to believe that I should just forget that U-Boats had dual propulsion, and let it go at that (Kaempfe nicht weiter. Ich gebe mich auf!). If Nichimacho is another rip-off, then I might do that. Sharing the (unfortunate, perhaps) experience you had with them will assist me greatly in making that determination.

Warm Regards,

D.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Nichimaco Co., LTD Woody Cullum 06/24/2000 11:45PM
DK how to contact, but did have question Einsamer Wolf 08/02/2000 01:41AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.