Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
RE: U-47 progress report
Posted by: Fiona ()
Date: October 02, 2000 04:30PM

Dear Crewmates and Hi Greg Dorfmeier if you are reading this

Just thought I'd let you know how things are progressing with U-47. Thank you for all your helpful comments - much appreciated! I have now completed the interior, which was quite painstaking and not to be rushed, and have now (I don't know the proper model-makers term for this) but I have 'stuck' the two outside hulls together and it is looking pretty good even if I say so myself ! The deck is in place and I have just put on the conning tower and guns. Had a bit of a disaster with some of the decals (I dropped them in my glass of wine - now I know why they say don't drink alchohol whilst model-kitting!!) The tail of one of my torpedoes fell off, but you cant see the join now. The teeny weeny crew men were a bit difficult and kept falling over (too much beer?). I am very proud of my attempt so far, it is not an easy kit to start with (note this Greg) but worth it in the end. I've got lots of paint left over so I had better see if I can get another kit (perhaps the ill-fated U-99?).
Hi Einsamer Wolf, thanks for your message - I will reply!!
Best wishes
Fiona

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
U-47 Fiona 09/14/2000 03:36PM
RE: U-47 Malcolm Cowie 09/15/2000 07:54AM
RE: U-47 joe brandt 09/15/2000 11:59PM
RE: U-47 progress report Fiona 10/02/2000 04:30PM
RE: U-47 progress report mike 10/03/2000 12:27AM
RE: U-47 progress report Fiona 10/03/2000 06:26PM
RE: U-47 progress report mike 10/04/2000 01:40AM
RE: U-47 progress report Einsamer Wolf 10/03/2000 01:47AM
RE: U-47 progress report Einsamer WOlf 10/04/2000 02:17AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.