Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
RE: 1-man U-boat for fun at the lake
Posted by: Keller ()
Date: January 22, 2001 02:21AM

The thought of laying down in a canoe doesn\'t interest me. Maybe an old 1500 gallon LP tank (something similar but larger would be preferred) would be a better way to start. You could weld on the conning tower, ballast tanks, hatches, dive planes, rudder,deck and outer hull. Have enough room for 2 trolling motors, battery storage, compressed air tank, bilge pumps, and the required hoses and linkage to operate those things. It would be nice to have a gas motor to power the boat on the surface (it would have to be diesel for sure or the fumes would kill you) and the added room required, along with the necessary vents, fuel lines, hatches, and the safety factor doesn\'t seem to be worth it. It would be a better 2 man operation, a Kapitan and an LI (chief) With all the equipment to operate to stay in trim someone else would need to pilot the boat. Yes I have thought this over for quite some time, just as a dream project. But my $ resources can\'t keep up with all the things I can think of as being mandatory on such a vessel. So it remains forever a dream project.
Keller

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
1-man U-boat for fun at the lake Frank B. 12/02/2000 12:24AM
RE: 1-man U-boat for fun at the lake Rainer Bruns 12/02/2000 01:13AM
RE: 1-man U-boat for fun at the lake Frank B. 12/04/2000 11:37PM
RE: 1-man U-boat for fun at the lake Keller 01/22/2001 02:21AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.