Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
RE: Crew in Scale 1/40?
Posted by: Julian Hoyes ()
Date: December 05, 2000 05:19PM

Hi
I have also found 3 warrier figures of very high quality available from

www.hobbyweb.com

Look under warrier in figures 1/35th. I am at present converting 30 or so German Tankers/SS to be sailors. You can sand hats down and add miliput for pompom hats, add Jumpers by sanding the details of and filling in the gaps with miliput.
You can score thin line with a hot knife to emulate wool knitting lines. I also bought the Acc Armour figures twice and cut of the hats to glue on other converted bodies. Then used the hatless body with a new pompom to becom the Chief or crew men.

Top tip, if you use any Verlinden figures be careful, they are slightly to big. Also, try using Hornet heads, they are fantastic for detail, and faces can make a drab figure come alive. Oh, and try painting some check shirts, it is worth the effort. Also get plenty of reference, watch das boot and buy the Osprey U Boat uniforms book!

Good luck

Julian Hoyes.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Crew in Scale 1/40? Markus 12/05/2000 01:52PM
RE: Crew in Scale 1/40? Jerry Pope 12/05/2000 05:00PM
RE: Crew in Scale 1/40? Julian Hoyes 12/05/2000 05:19PM
RE: Crew in Scale 1/40? Mike Stack 12/08/2000 11:42PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.