Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
Re: U660 type VIIC
Posted by: Wiljan Bakers ()
Date: May 15, 2003 08:09PM

Dear Rainer,

This moment everything grinded to a halt. Still no hull and worse, still no drawings. However there is light at the end of the tunnel. I came in contact with Gabriel from Romania. If I'm not mistaking he contacted you too. He made some drawings using the ones out of the book of Kohl and Niestle. The work he did on them was absolutely perfect. He is willing to send copys to me in Holland. In return I'll try to help hem as much as I can with goodies he can not get or buy in Romania.
In the mean time I painted the crew, bought the propellors shafts and motors, made the FuMo antenna, made the periscopes, the rudders, the guns( exept the old 37 mm wich is my last project for now to do) bought the electronics and diving equipment and a lot of other goods wich will able me to construct the early deck and the late "Schnelltauchback" I took the hull I made myself from the shelf and contacted a guy whose bisuniss it is to construct molds. I will rework my home made hull to the best detailing levell I can and let him have a shot at it constructing the molds and the first hull( the hull is 2,35 meter( about 8 feet) so about right to 1/35 scale) for U-123. Recently I did send an E-mail to WLU and asked him to send me the drawings ahead that go with the hull I ordered and a month in wich I could expect the hull, but he's a very occupied man I guess and I did not receive an answer (yet).(nor on the other E-mails I send him)
For now my hopes are on Gabriel's drawings. If he sends them at least U-123 will be finished before this years end and perhaps when Lee Upshaws hull arrives
U-805 (KK Bernardelli) in about the same time. Have to do some recearch on KK Bernardelli and his U-805 and stop by in Cuxhaven.

For now,
"Halt die Fuesse trocken"
your friend,

Wiljan

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
U660 type VIIC Paul Chepurko 05/14/2003 01:36AM
Re: U660 type VIIC Wiljan Bakers 05/15/2003 09:12AM
Re: U660 type VIIC Rainer Bruns 05/15/2003 03:41PM
Re: U660 type VIIC Wiljan Bakers 05/15/2003 08:09PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.