Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
Re: Screw and tower color for Type II's?
Posted by: Ed ()
Date: June 18, 2003 05:35PM

Well, I found a pretty good answer to the "wood deck" issue further down on the board. It was talking about Type VII's, but I assume the info is correct for types II through at least Type IX.

Any additional information would be helpful, even a link to a previous thread would be great, and still need propeller color. Salute!

Helpful quote I found below:

"Author: Dave
Date: 05-26-03 17:34

Hi Gary

You are correct. While the extreme bow and stern ends are metal, the slotted deck gratings in between were made from marine plywood. The tower gratings were wooden planks. All the wood deck surfaces were treated with a stain that was originally dark gray in color but tended to wear and bleach off with exposure, rendering the decks any shade from gray to dirty dark brown. Numerous color photographs document this. A clean natural wood deck on your model would be visually attractive but incorrect. I recommend a neutral dark gray for an unweathered model.

Sincerely
Dave
www.PrinzEugen.com"

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Screw and tower color for Type II's? Ed 06/18/2003 03:39PM
Re: Screw and tower color for Type II's? Ed 06/18/2003 05:35PM
Re: Screw and tower color for Type II's? Dougie 06/21/2003 11:42AM
Re: Screw and tower color for Type II's? Ed 06/23/2003 01:58PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.