Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
Re: Yamato 200/1 Nichimaco model
Posted by: Jack ()
Date: June 18, 2005 04:16PM

Built it almost 20 years ago as an R/C model. If I had it to do all over again. I'd get the "Anatomy of the Ship" book "The Battleship Yamato" by Janusz Skulski before I cut the first part off the spru. Secondly, I'd ditch the kit railing and get the photo etched set available in 1/200th for railing, ladders and doors at minimum (there may be PE for the catapults and other details available by now. If you build it as an R/C model, it will be out of scale but you may want to increase the area of the rudder as the ship will not turn inside the diameter of a 16' wide pool with the stock rudder. You might want to go direct drive or get different gears for the prop shafts because the kit gear train is very noisy. Run it on a pond or lake and it is indeed impressive. Good luck with your kit and static or R/C it is truly impressive.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Yamato 200/1 Nichimaco model Hubertus 06/18/2005 11:44AM
Re: Yamato 200/1 Nichimaco model Jack 06/18/2005 04:16PM
Re: Yamato 200/1 Nichimaco model Hubertus 06/18/2005 11:22PM
Re: Yamato 200/1 Nichimaco model Jack 06/21/2005 08:55PM
Re: Yamato 200/1 Nichimaco model Hubertus 06/25/2005 07:51AM
Re: Yamato 200/1 Nichimaco model Andrew Sangster 04/04/2007 09:28AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.