Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
Re: VIIC railing size
Posted by: Ian ()
Date: January 23, 2007 02:26PM

Dougie

I don't know about the actual measurements, but from studying various pictures then I'd say you're about right.

From a modelling perspective then I'm going to use either 0.4mm or 0.5mm wire to make the deck railings. Putting that up against some 1/72 figures I have and it looks in scale with their hands.

0.5 mm wire is strong enough to work with, but I'm not sure about the 0.4mm wire as I don't have any yet. If the 0.4mm wire is strong enough then I'm inclined to use that.

For the Wintergarden railings then I'd say your estimates are about right from what I've seen in various shots. 0.7mm or 0.8mm wire is good for the very top railing and then 0.5mm wire for the rest of it.

Again, those wire widths are not from any accurate scale drawing they're just from studying the relationship of the actual railings to the size of the crew's hands. Then I've just compared different bits of wire to the 1/72 figures I have and come up with something that looks about right.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
VIIC railing size Dougie 01/20/2007 08:34PM
Re: VIIC railing size Ian 01/23/2007 02:26PM
Re: VIIC railing size Dougie 01/25/2007 10:16PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.