Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
U-Boat Type XXIII Colours....
Posted by: skyfire ()
Date: March 31, 2010 09:10PM

Dear Sirs/Madams,

Let me introduce myself. My name is Diego Orozco from Montevideo, Uruguay. I am a plastic modeller since I was 10 (now 32) and member of IPMS Uruguay since 1991.
I always liked the German Uboat waffe since the beginning as I started reading WWW books! :)

A couple of months ago, we bought the Special Navy Type XXIII U-boat in 1/72 scale with two more friends from IPMS Uruguay and decided to build 3 different Type XXIII individuals. I dediced to build the U-2360.

Well, after we started looking for some bibliography, some friend of us recommended to start looking for info in U-boat.net as a good source.

We have some questions:

1st) regarding in which colours this particular type of Uboat was painted! (Kriegsmarine colours?)

2nd) And the other good question we have is the colour of the colour band around the Uboat bridge during training.

Some sources( for example: "("U-Boats, History, Development and Equipment 1914-1945" from David Miller) establish that those training colour bands were white.
But.... we suspect that, like the Uboats Type XXI, they could be painted in yellow.

So, we would be very grateful if you can help us in this matter, we don't know what to do about it, and we don't know which bibliography read in this 2 particular issues of the XXIII uboat.

Finally, I am very sorry if I introduced myself in the wrong subforum!
I can honestly tell you that the site is excellent, a wonderfull site as a source for the fan of Uboat waffe and keep up the good work mates!!

Cheers!! any comments are welcome and thanks in advance!!

Diego Orozco
www.ipmsuruguay.com

PD: If you wish, you are welcome to visit our "work in progress" post in our naval subforum at ipmsuruguay.com:
[www.ipmsuruguay.com]

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
U-Boat Type XXIII Colours.... skyfire 03/31/2010 09:10PM
Re: U-Boat Type XXIII Colours.... skyfire 04/04/2010 02:05PM
Re: U-Boat Type XXIII Colours.... skyfire 04/13/2010 03:30AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.