Technology and Operations  
This forum is for discussing technological & operational matters pertaining to U-boats. 
U-995 Qustions
Posted by: WOODY ()
Date: January 05, 2002 01:10PM

We all know about the historic path of U-505 and how and why it got to its finial resting place. I would like to know if anything is floating around on 995 such as why did they do it, how did they do it and who did it. Pictures would be great of course.......

I also have three other questions???

1. Did this boat have hydrophone equipment? If so what type and were was it installed.

2. Did this boat have a Focke-Achgelis onboard? The reason I ask is the boat had extra railings extending from the upper gun platform over the lower. I don't know if this was for safety reasons if the gun crew went overboard or it was a launching platform.

3. Does anyone have any photo's or know the locations of photo's in books or web sites etc. that would clearly show the deck color of this was as it was in Sept. 1943 when it was launched or at commissioning.

Thanks all, waiting for some snow, the weather folks say we might get some in my area of Maryland USA.......

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
U-995 Qustions WOODY 01/05/2002 01:10PM
Re: U-995 Qustions Rainer Bruns 01/05/2002 08:06PM
Re: U-995 Qustions Don Smith 01/26/2002 11:53PM
Re: U-995 Qustions Mike 01/06/2002 06:05PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.