Technology and Operations  
This forum is for discussing technological & operational matters pertaining to U-boats. 
\"Klause Mause\" Bargsten
Date: September 03, 2001 06:51PM

As a U.S Navy intelligence officer I interrogated Klaus Bargsten. He was the commander and the sole survior of his boat. Sighting something, he ordered the boat to surface and opened the conning tower hatch. He got out, and at that moment a huge wave poured into the boat and it went down.

We talked at a fort -- forget the name -- outside Washington. As we sat on the grass and talked -- all very informal -- I watched him look at the Greyhound busses speed by. I suspect he was wondering whether he could ever escape.
He told of being a midshipman on Hitler\'s yacht the \"Grille\". Very funny tale revealing the Kriegsmarine\'s attitude toward the Nazis, which might be of some interest as a bit of trivia to some readers. I understand \"Klause Mause\" settled in one of the Baltic towns after being returned from POW camp.

Angus MacLean Thuermer,

Middleburg, VA 20117-5303

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
\"Klause Mause\" Bargsten Angujs MacLean Thuermer 09/03/2001 06:51PM
RE: \\\"Klause Mause\\\" Bargsten walter M 09/03/2001 07:44PM
RE: \\\"Klause Mause\\\" Bargsten kpp 09/04/2001 03:18PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.