Technology and Operations  
This forum is for discussing technological & operational matters pertaining to U-boats. 
Submarine Clock
Posted by: Francis J Morley ()
Date: July 17, 2002 09:49AM

I have a clock reported to have been removed from a submarine during WWII. It was given to someone (a student at the time) 35 years ago by his ex-naval uncle. The uncle told him it came from a submarine, but didn't say how he came by it, or which submarine it came from. The student used it in his room during his stay at university, but was worried by the swastika imprinted on the face - and attempted to scratch it off. The swastika can still clearly be seen inside a laurel wreath under an eagle with spread wings. Underneath is printed a capital M. Opposite - on the right side of the face is the number 7224 over a capital N. After leaving university 35 years ago, the owner stored the clock in a cupboard, having no further use for it. He recently mentioned it to me and I asked him to bring it for me to see. I am trying to arrive at some sort of valuation. Perhaps someone can give me some idea of how to find out which U-boat it came from - and also maybe - give me some idea of what such an item is worth.I can email a photogaph if required. Francis.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Submarine Clock Francis J Morley 07/17/2002 09:49AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.