Technology and Operations  
This forum is for discussing technological & operational matters pertaining to U-boats. 
U-boats and non-standart weapons
Posted by: Murz ()
Date: January 27, 2003 06:22PM

Hello, comrades!

Can you help me with some special info on U-boats?

1. What types of naval mines were using U-boats during the WW2? What types theoretically could be used?
2. Tech info on this mines. Pictures.
3. Production info(types, number of produced and used), especially on the year of 1944.
4. Stories or instructions describing the process of mines placing at the sea or at the enemy harbor.

Also i am very interested in finding information about german acoustic torpedoes and it's using during the end of the WW2. Successes, failures, number of produced torperdoes, number of used.

I can explain, what for I need this info.
Now i am gathering information for a "what if" book basing on this scenario:
Hitler killed by a bomb on 22 07 44. Rommel became german military leader.
After that Allies made a very fast movement through Fnace, especially at the north.
Rommel begins a retreat to Seigfried line, delaying allied armored spearheads with small SS tank ambushes. at this time german fighters makes the one concentrated strike on one single raid of US 8 Air Force. 1000 german fighters against 1000 american bombers and 700-800 fighters. Result: Heavy loses in 8 Air force, temporary stopped air raids on german factories and other facilities.
Early autumn. Montgomery desides that wermarcht is out of his fromer streight due to fast summer offensive. He begins the "Market Garden". Rommel lets his forces move forward and noth, and then cuts them off from american part of allied front. Somethng like more advaced "Wacht am Rhine".
So, now i am investigating how could german U-boats help ground forces to win.
Had they any chances to make a succcesfull pressing on allied naval communications in Channel or near it, at Antwerpen?

Great thanks for all info and all advices!

Rommel mit uns!

Murz (Andrew Morozov),
Moscow, Russia.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
U-boats and non-standart weapons Murz 01/27/2003 06:22PM
U-boats and non-standart weapons Yuri IL\'IN 02/10/2003 04:50PM
Re: U-boats and non-standart weapons Kurt 02/13/2003 05:07PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.