Technology and Operations  
This forum is for discussing technological & operational matters pertaining to U-boats. 
Emergency Foot Pump?
Posted by: dmpoint ()
Date: November 30, 2012 12:59AM

Greetings from the United States,

I purchased an item I believe to be from a U-Boat and am asking for any members to share information on it if possible. The item is a Wood Bellows type of foot pump. The pump appears to be about a foot and a half long with two pieces of solid wood. It is attached with a leather bellows type of apparatus between the wood.

On the top of the wood is a small stamped (burnt) submarine with the the letters KSL or KSI over the submarine with the year 1939 stamped above the submarine. On the foot action part of the wood is a 5 inch engraved SM on the pump. It appears as if there is a 2 inch metal intake with a screen on it and a small hole near the "toe" (where the wood from top and bottom meet) in which a hose may have been attached.

I am sorry for not attaching a picture but I just got it in the Luft Post and wanted to see if any of you know anything about it.

Thank You
David

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Emergency Foot Pump? dmpoint 11/30/2012 12:59AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.